10Cast Installation and Configuration for Salesforce
Welcome to 10Cast! All the information you need to set-up and configure the 10Cast solution for your Salesforce Organisation is included on this page. Please rest assured that if you encounter any issues, we are here to help.
There are four key stages to the installation and set-up of 10Cast for Salesforce.
- Install 10Cast into your Salesforce organisation (Sandbox or Production)
- Configure "Deal Match" questions
- Set-up accounts for the users of the 10Cast App (iOS and Android)
- Provide your users with instructions for downloading the 10Cast App to their phone, and logging into the system for the first time
- Step 1 - Install
- Step 2 - Configure
- Step 3 - User Accounts
- Step 4 - Install App
Step 1: Install 10Cast into your Salesforce organisation
1.1: Find 10Cast in Salesforce App Exchange
- As the Salesforce Administrator, identify the Organisation (Org) into which you would like to install 10Cast
- From that Org, access the App Exchange and search for "10Cast"
- Select the "10Cast" application
- Click "Get It Now"
1.2: Log in to Salesforce
- If requested, log into the App Exchange using your Salesforce credentials
1.3: Select Environment
- Select the environment where you would like 10Cast installed.
- We recommend you first install into a developer or sandbox organisation.
1.4: Confirm Installation Details
- Confirm the installation details
- Read and Agree to the terms and conditions
- Click "Confirm and install"
- Note: You may be requested to log in again at this point in the process
1.5: Select Access Level
- Optionally "View Components" to see what objects will be added to your solution
- Select "Install for Admins Only"
- Click the "Install Button"
1.6: Approve Third-Party Access
- The system will securely exchange basic opportunity information with the 10Cast Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Select the check box to enable the secure API connection
- Click "Continue"
1.7: Monitor the Install Process
- The install process should now run for around one minute
1.8: Install Complete
- The "Installation Complete!" message should appear
- You should also receive a confirmation email with the subject "Package XCast Install Successful"
- Click "Done"
- Congratulations, Stage 1 setup of 10Cast for your Salesforce Org is complete!
Step 2: Configure 10Cast
2.1: Access the 10Cast Administration Page
- Access the Salesforce "App Launcher" function
- You should see the "10Cast Administration" application
- If not, search for "10Cast" and it should appear
- Click "10Cast Administration"
2.2: Deal Match Question Configuration
This is a key part of the configuration of the 10Cast solution. If you are installing in a test environment, then you can complete this section quickly, however if this is you production installation, then careful consideration should have gone into the "Deal Match" questions that you use. 10Cast can advise on the appropriate configuration for your organisation, and offers a 1/2 Day workshop service to help your team decide on the appropriate questions.
- You must configure at least one "Deal Match" question
- You can configure up to ten "Deal Match" questions
When a user first accesses an Opportunity in the 10Cast mobile App they will be asked the questions which you configure here. These questions will help determine how closely the Opportunity fits to your ideal customer. The screen that the user is presented with will look like this:
Each question you configure is made up of three components
- Keyword: This is the one or two word title for the question
- Questions Text: This is the question that will be asked
- Weighting: This is the importance assigned to the questions answer. (Total weightings for questions need to add up to 100)
Questions are answered on a sliding scale between one and ten, please take this into consideration when phrasing your questions.
- After entering your questions, please click the "Complete Setup" button. This will complete your link to the 10Cast system!
2.3: Installation Complete
Your installation will now complete. Depending on how many opportunities you have in your system this process may take several minutes.
Once the message " Successfully installed" appears, please "Refresh" your browser
You will see a "PIN Code" - this code can be used by 10Cast Support to identify your system if needed. It is also used to allow your End user login accounts to be set up.
You can return to this screen (as the administrator) at any time. If needed, you can force a resend of all the users or opportunities to the 10Cast Server using the buttons on the bottom of this screen.
Step 3: User Accounts
3.1: Decide on users
Decide on which on your users you would like to participate in using 10Cast. For a trial this might be one user, or a small team of users, for use in your live environment it might be your entire sales staff.
Prepare a document, email or spreadsheet that includes the email address of each user you would like to access the system, and the username you woud like them to use to access the mobile application.
(Please note, the username must be unique, i.e. you cannot use the same username in a development, test and production environment)
Send this information, along with you PIN Code, to email@example.com. We will commission your users and email them with the login details (including a password) within two working days.
(In a future release you will be able to manage this process without contacting 10Cast support)
Step 4: Install on User Devices
10Cast is available on both Apple and Android devices. Your users can download the App from the Apple Store, or from Google Play. The android installer is also available here <Link>
4.1: Apple (iOS) Devices
- On the device, open the "App Store" and search for 10Cast
- Click on the 10Cast App to view details
- Download and install on your device
4.2: Android Devices
- You can download from the Google Play store, or directly to you device from this link: <Link
4.3: Open the Application and Log-In
- Once the application has been installed, you can access it using the "10Cast" icon and log in using the username and password which have been provided.